Long the most popular window type used in Europe, the vinyl Tilt & Turn is rapidly becoming the window of choice for quality conscious North Americans.
Turn the handle upwards, and the upper part of the sash tilts slightly to allow safe and easy ventilation.
The opening cannot exceed 4″ (130 mm) so there’s no danger of intruders or accident risk for children. Even the rain can’t find its way into your home!
The window remains open for as long as you like, without ever slamming shut in the wind.
Want to ventilate your room thoroughly or open your door as wide as possible to circulate freely indoors and out?
Simply turn the handle to the horizontal position, and the sash pivots vertically to offer a larger opening.
The exterior surface can be easily and safely reached for washing, without the need to remove or support the sash.
In this position, the window also allows easy egress from the home, if necessary.
Sealed and Secure
Turn the handle down, and the tilt-and-turn window will be hermetically sealed. No air leakage, no way for burglars to get in.
Advantages of Tilt & Turn
Ease of Operation: a single operating handle effortlessly unlocks the window and moves the sash into either a tilt or a turn mode.
Strength: multiple locking points around the sash provide strength to withstand strong wind pressures. The bigger the window, the more locking points it has.
Security: the window is positively locked for tamper resistance.
Fusion welded: sash and frame corners are miter-cut and welded, eliminating caulking and joints that may loosen and leak.
Multi chambered walls: double-wall construction increases strength, permits thorough water drainage and increases energy efficiency.
Commercial rating: able to withstand heavy use, this window achieves a grade 70 rating (a rating often associated with resisting winds in excess of 130 mph) even when made in the industry-standard 4′ x 6′ commercial size. The strength of this system allows for bigger unobstructed openings than any other window system.
Interior glazing: this glazing style presents a seamless sash to the outside elements and the effects of potential tampering.
Glass options: among the options are high-performance and decorative glass.
Longevity of vinyl: literally carefree, our windows resist corrosion from pollutants, never need painting and can be cleaned with soap and water. The sash turns inward for effortless cleaning of the outside glass.
- Application: new construction, replacement
- Frame: welded, 3.25″ width
- Sash: welded
- Weather seals: 2 continuous compression seals around entire sash perimeter
- Glass thickness: 1″ (25 mm); Optional 1¾” (44 mm) triple glazed
- Glass type: insulated glass with decorative and energy efficient options
- Glazing stop position: interior
- Sizes: custom to suit your needs
- Hardware: Siegenia hardware imported from Germany.
- Colours: a variety of paints and Double Nature stain options available. View the Paint and Stain options here.
(Solar Heat Gain Coefficient)
|Energy Star Zone|
(25 mm OT)
(33 mm OT)
Insulated glass with Low E, Argon filled & Insulated Spacer
- Glass options: double glazed (25 mm overall thickness) or triple glazed (44 mm overall thickness)
- Grills: between the glass or SDL (Simulated Divided Lights)
- Hardware types: tilt & turn, turn only, various security options
- Installation accessories: brick molds, J-channels, jamb extensions, drywall returns and mullion covers
- Reinforcement: steel, where necessary
- Factory-mulled units: offered for improved sight lines
|Possible Rating||400 Single Slider||400 Double Hung||1400 Casement||4500 Tilt & Turn|
|Wind Load Resistance||C1-C5||C4||C3||C4||C5|
|The higher the number, the better the performance relative to Standard CAN/CSA A440-M90|
Let Bonnechere Valley Windows show you the many options available.
Our professional staff design, manufacture and install a variety of windows and door styles, including the European Tilt & Turn type, with profiles from the leading Canadian vinyl extruder P.H. Tech.
We provide free estimates and will meet with you in your home or our Eganville showroom, weekdays, evenings or weekends.
Contact us today to book your free, no obligation appointment!